Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random reader...



















There is no question that I am a random reader... I love to move from professional journals to fiction, to travel books, then Yeat's poetry, biography, an occasional best seller, then all jumbled again...and back again...

Often I will pick up books I should have read or want to read in the hall near the front door. This collection highlights books I have picked up at Library conferences (What is the What), gifts or suggestions from my daughters (Ismael, The Alchemist), garage sale selections (How to think like a Survivor and titles marking gaps in my reading (The House on Mango Street).  Others are selected from author events (Luis Urrea's The Devil's Highway... and Debra Ginsburg's About my Sisters), and ALA conferences (The Book Borrowers) as well as Librarian friend recommendations (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night.

Now that I see them all together, part of me wants to organize them (Why aren't all my beekeeping and homesteading books together?) and another part of me loves that fact that something might just strike me on a certain day and that will be the next title I select to explore.  Like random shells on a beach...for a random reader...

No comments:

Post a Comment