As I left her home, she handed me a book called Keeping Chickens: The Essential Guide to Enjoying and Getting the Best from Chickens. Although I have several books on chickens scattered throughout my bookcases, I love this one. The helpful text takes the reader hrough all the basics: choosing the breed, how to acquire, house, feed, keep their home clean, care for their health, and also provides tips on gathering eggs. The text is accompanied by beautiful full page photographs that add to the romance of the book. It even has a section on "crafts with eggs and feathers" as well as egg recipes. I love this book and plan to read it quickly and then, in the spirit of my resolution, return it to its owner. I can always borrow it again but realistically, I should be set with my four other books. Today, I will gather all the chicken books together in one location. I will need them together as "Reference books" as I get started on this project within the next few weeks.
Worldcat

No comments:
Post a Comment