Friday, February 12, 2010

Reading a page a day....Legends...


I just finished Legends:  Women Who Have Changed the World through the Eyes of Great Women Writers.  It is amazing to me how much you can read and explore in just five minutes a day...in this case, a page or two a day.  Fifty portraits that have now piqued my interest and I will check my Library's holidings to see if we have biographies of each of these incredible women.  A few were new to me:  Aung San Suu Kyl and Sister Helen Prejean. Some I knew their name and disciplines, but little else: Lynn Margulis, Diana Vreeland, McCarthy, and Beryl Markham.  And somewhere in this home I have biographies of Katherine Graham, publisher of the Washington Post, and Eleanor Roosevelt.  My reading list is growing:
  • Inidira Gandhi
  • Mother Teresa
  • Zora Neale Hurston
  • Rachel Carson
  • Golda Meir
  • Harriet Tubman
  • Jane Goodall
So many role models to read about...a page or two a day...leads one down the path to 30-60 minutes a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment