Monday, February 1, 2010

A page a day...a legend a day...


I hate drying my hair in the morning.  My hair, although short, is thick and it always takes a long time to dry.  For years now, I will grab a magazine and read.  Somehow, it is very satisfying and I love throwing the magazine in the trash when I finish.

Now my morning reading is Legends: Women Who Have Changed the World...Through the Eyes of Great Women Writers.  It is a beautiful book of photographs with a corresponding essay by a distinguished woman writer. Maya Angelou, for example, writes about Oprah; Gloria Steinem profiles Marilyn Monroe; Georgia O'Keefe by Joan Didion.  Some of the authors I have read and know well; others will lead me to the back of the book where I can read a snapshot biography. 

It is enlightening to read about traditional favorites as well as contemporary ones:  I leave for the day inspired by this coffee table book that found its way into my book bag.  And, my hair is dry!

Worldcat

No comments:

Post a Comment