Sunday, May 15, 2016

Tim Burton's The Melancholy Death of the Oyster Boy and Other Stories


Several years ago, my friend Daniel Fox loaned me this book of poetry from Tim Burton.  Somehow it got shuffled in my bookcase and often I glanced at it saying "Darn!  I've got to read that and get it back to Daniel!"  One day I stacked random books on my bookshelf and arranged the stack by size from top to bottom.

So, here I am in Vancouver, WA with Kathy and Ray and have the time to read!  This one, I read on the plane trip.  It is a random collection of the poetry of Tim Burton with his whimsical and radical illustrations.  The stories are for adults with a childish sense of humor.  Somehow, the laughter of Mindy and Daniel echoes in the background as I read  it about the boy born as a Robot, the boy born as  an Oyster, or the love affair of stick boy and a match girl (you can imagine what happens to that "hot" relationship!

Whimsical, Macabre, Fun...just like Tim Burton!  

No comments:

Post a Comment